More than Just a Pretty Face ;)

My photo
Gulfport, MS, United States
Sister.Daughter.Friend.Fab.AKA.Goofy.Gorgeous.Talkative.Stylish.Animated.Drama Queen.A Lover, who Loves to be Loved.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Class Reflections

1. I have learned so much, and when it is listed, it looks like even more. I was not even aware of the possibilities of Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentation. The fact that it saves all of your work upon exiting really sold me. I also may become a new fan of blogging.
Our podcasting project was surprisingly fun, and it is a great idea, as is blogging and Comments4Kids, for the classroom.Twitter is also very new for me. I am still learning what all it has to offer. Along with YouTube, Personal Learning Network, and communicating with other students and teachers outside of my region, I have found new ways to use these tools to my advantage.
I never knew YouTube could have such helpful and educational videos. This is also the case with iTunes and iTunesU, although I am still not sure if I am a fan of iTunesU yet. I have yet to discover the benefits iTunesU can offer. Adding pictures and images to the blog has been a new lesson for me. I am glad I learned how to do it. Not only will all this help me grow as a professional, but so will ACCESS, ALEX, and Delicious. I will also be able to use Google forms and data bases to keep my classroom organized. If I ever need to refer back to these topics, I can always visit Foliotek. These tools and programs have truly made me more tech literate and will help be better my future school.

2/3. With all of the above been said, I do not think it is anything I would have liked to learn that I didn't. When entering this class, I did not expect to have learned so much. I can only hope to retain everything, because there was entirely too much that we had to do. I really hope I can remember all of it!

4. To a certain extent, yes, this class did excite me, but not until I actually started on the assignments. At times though, I can say it was bit frustrating. With all of this being very new to me, sometimes it felt like it would be too much for me to actually learn from it. This class has taught me how to better manage my time and to only focus on present assignments. I spent most of this semester worried about what was to come next month. I always looked ahead on the syllabus and got worried.

5. I would say all of the lessons, at first, appeared to be intellectually challenging. This was only because I was afraid of technology and scared of the outcomes. Now I can say I can face some problems with a better attitude.

6. If there was one thing I would change about this course, it would be the workload. It can become a bit challenging when taking 5 other classes.

7. I consider myself to be on a some what good level as far as being technologically literate. It could use much improvement. I still am intimidated by the computer there is just so much that can be done.

8. To improve my skills I will work with programs more often and also try new ones. Any courses that are offered for teachers, I will enroll. I know my technological literacy will determine how smooth my classroom will run. It is up to me to stay moderate.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honest reflection Alex.

    Many people have reported being surprised by what Google has to offer. And as I am always saying, "its free"!!

    You made some valuable points about dealing with workload. Especially the point about focusing on what is at hand and not worrying about what you still have to do. Worrying never gets you any closer to getting anything done. In fact it gets in the way.

    Regarding the workload in the class I still think it is reasonable. you said the workload in the class was too much but your reason for that was the number of other classes you are taking. perhaps six classes in on semester is a bit much. Just a thought. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Worry not for the morrow..."

    Why were you "afraid of technology and scared of the outcomes..."?

    "It can become a bit challenging when taking 5 other classes..." I can imagine! This course should NOT be taken when enrolled in an OVERLOAD!

    ReplyDelete